Slavic name that stands for 'sunny'. This
was the name of Elatou, when the village
was located at 'Palaioxoria'.
This is the name of the west peak of the
mountain 'Kerasovouni' due to its treeless,
The mountain peak of Omalia, where by
tradition fairies used to dance (altitude
In 1696 the east side of Kerasovouni,
'Korakas', was renamed 'Gerakari tower'
(altitude 1.550 m.) after Liberio Gerakaris,
who had his headquarters there as he was
a fellow collaborator of Venetians, who
ruled the area at the time.
Between 'Gerakari tower' and 'Omalia'
a mountain pass is formed. During the
period of Turkish rule this location was
named 'Haratsi' (tax) as a tax station
operated there for trade goods.
Slavic name that stands for 'chestnut
dense forest'. The Slavs, who settled
in the village between 1059 and 1069 planted
chestnut trees in various parts of the
village and especially at its lower east
side which was named 'Pleika'.
The Slavs ruled the eastside of the village
and owned vineyards there. For this reason
the place is still called 'Ampelia'.
A small canyon, where 500 Turks were buried
after a battle that took place in October